Communications and Engagement Executive (FTC 18 months)
Flexible Across NNL Sites - (Cumbria, Preston, Risley)
Salary from £31,721 plus benefits.
Fixed Term Contract
Military & Defence
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time.
At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
As part of NNL’s future we need to improve our communications both inside and outside our organisation. We’re creating extra roles to make ambition a reality and that’s where you come in. As our new communications co-ordinator you’ll be a key part of the communications “family” which also includes our public affairs agency.
You’ll help us engage our internal and external stakeholders as part of this small but dedicated team.We’re a purpose-driven organisation - nuclear science to benefit society; this is at the heart of our messaging and we need the right people to connect with our ambition.
As the importance of nuclear science grows, driven by population growth, increasing demand for energy, and the need to vastly reduce our carbon footprint, so the value and profile of our work will increase.
This role is a critical cog in the comms engine, helping to create, co-ordinate and keep on track our variety of communications plans.
Based in one of our NNL locations, (Preston, Cumbria, Risley) you’ll work with colleagues from across NNL to design and deliver agile communications plans to drive increased engagement with internal comms content.
You’ll contribute to developing strategies, sourcing and creating compelling content, and you’ll manage our communications channels and roadmap. So if you’re super-organised communications professional ready for the next big challenge, this could be the perfect opportunity.
The location for this role is flexible and can be based at any NNL site in North West England.
- Support the communications team to deliver stakeholder and customer engagement across internal and external channels with supporting impact measures.
- Work with the wider communications team to deliver a positive colleague experience through each touchpoint of the employee lifecycle; incorporating events, recognition, communication, workshops and listening groups - to name a few.
- Play a part in the creation and delivery of an immersive colleague experience strategy that consistently inspires and delivers across all internal and external communication channels.
- Oversee communications planning activity, including management of the daily and weekly planners to allow effective management of messages to colleagues and customers.
- Source the best stories and information from within the business in order to prepare, select, design and implement the very best content across all internal and external channels, including SharePoint and our own external website.
What experience do you need, in order to be successful?
The successful candidate will have:-
- A pro-active approach, with the ability to hit the ground running and continue working at pace.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Refined organisation skills and experience of managing communications roadmaps and plans.
- The ability to build relationships at all levels with a natural ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- A talent for ensuring clear messages are communicated with a constant emphasis of brand and colleague engagement.
- Experience of managing social media channels.
- Experience of organising and recording both quantitative and qualitative analysis through relevant tools and focus groups.
- Web publishing and experience of using SharePoint and other web publishing tools.
- Ability to obtain BPSS level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment and criminal record checks).
What will the first 3 to 6 months look like in this role?
What does future progression look like in this position?
What will the working environment look like for people in this role?
Amazing news! Your job application sent successfully.
It looks like you have already applied for this job.
Oh no. An error has occurred. Please check you have completed all the fields!